VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,

I am getting a Popcorn Hour soon because they can play full blu-ray iso images with menus. But I would like to know if there is a way to shrink a full blu-ray iso and still keep the menus? Can you shrink it to a mkv file and still keep menus?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Is this possible?
    Quote Quote  
  3. You can mount the ISO and re-encode full-disc with BDRB, keeping menus. Then create a new ISO from the BDRB files with ImgBurn.

You can't keep the menus if you put the movie in an MKV container.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by fritzi93 View Post
    You can mount the ISO and re-encode full-disc with BDRB, keeping menus. Then create a new ISO from the BDRB files with ImgBurn.

You can't keep the menus if you put the movie in an MKV container.

Great thanks. I saved the blu-ray to a iso file with AnyDvdHD. So I tried to open the iso with BDRB and it could not read the iso. So now do I have to burn to a blank BD so I can read it with BDRB? It is a 27gb file. What is the size limit for BD?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    You need to mount the ISO in a virtual drive. Use the free one from Slysoft called Virtual CloneDrive: http://www.slysoft.com/en/virtual-clonedrive.html
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Kerry56 View Post
    You need to mount the ISO in a virtual drive. Use the free one from Slysoft called Virtual CloneDrive: http://www.slysoft.com/en/virtual-clonedrive.html

Thanks for the info....It has been working perfect. I have one qeustion. What target size setting should I put BDRebuilder at DVD-5 DVD-9 or BD-25? What is the difference? I have been using DVD-5 and it take about 3 hours to shrink a 26gb iso file to about 5gb iso. Thanks again
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    BD Rebuilder is set up to reduce the size of a blu ray movie to fit specific disk sizes. DVD-5 is a single layer dvd and output should be about 4.3GiB. DVD-9 is a double layer dvd and should be about 7.9GiB, and BD-25 is a single layer blu ray disk with a capacity of 23.8GiB. You can also go into Settings and make a custom output size.

3hrs to make a DVD-5 is quite fast. You must have a very modern, multicore system and are using one of the fastest settings for encoding. The slower settings will, in general, give a higher quality video output. And the smaller you go with output size, the more compression is required, which also tends to degrade the video.

Which size you make really depends on you and your requirements. If you want to retain the HD audio streams, you should make BD-25 size files, since those HD audio streams take a lot of room.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Try not to dig up old threads to spam some crapware!!!
    Quote Quote