VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi all

I have an Mp4 file that didn't work on my xbox from USB, I used xvid4psp to convert its sample file and it worked, converting the whole file would take many hours, using Yamb I tried to join the audio (converted alone) with the video but the output never worked on xbox, using xvid4psp, I found a menu option that says "copy", I think (not sure) that it means not to change the video, but the program crashed each time, older version doesn't recognize the Mp4.

So is there a way to convert the audio part of Mp4 in short time and keep the video untouched and have an output compatible with xbox ?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    you can try avidemux. under video choose copy and under audio change to codec. save as a new mp4.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    you can try avidemux. under video choose copy and under audio change to codec. save as a new mp4.

hey baldrick,

I tried, the program would finish in 1 second and say done but I see no output ? I used Video (copy) Audio AAC (faac) 192bitrate, format MP4, save .... ??

Update: ok, its working now, it seems it doesnt like saving to same folder... I will report back as soon as its done
    Last edited by vidm; 28th May 2010 at 16:01.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    No it didn't work, the output file is not working on xbox, I think the audio options is not designed with xbox in mind.

any other tool, or maybe another joiner ?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If you Xvid4PSP works then use it. Set Video to Copy and just convert the audio
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by guns1inger View Post
    If you Xvid4PSP works then use it. Set Video to Copy and just convert the audio

I tried, but the program crashes, I would have really loved to see it working because I liked this tool oh and the older version refused to open the mp4 !

Click image for larger version

Name:	xvid4psp.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	75.2 KB
ID:	2023
    Quote Quote  
  7. When I compared the sample file I converted (audio & video) using xvid4psp and worked on xbox to:

1. The video of the movie that was split by YAMB (no audio) which worked on xbox and to
    2. The movie joined by yamb (joined the converted audio using xvid4psp to the original video stream)

The summary:

The video file type was changed when encoding the sample file with xvid4psp but the audio part compared with yamb output is the same but playing the video stream with no audio (video not touched) also worked on xbox.

So the only difference:
    minor_version:1 and compatible_brands: isom (no audio, untouched video), played fine
    minor_version:512 and compatible_brands: isomiso2mp41 (fully encoded file), played fine

was not the reason of the problem.

The audio was
    Name: AAC / tag: mp4a channels:2 layout: 3

In all cases !! (working and no working)

So I can't even find the difference between the working version and the non-working, its not simply a 2 channel thing.
    Last edited by vidm; 28th May 2010 at 23:50.
    Quote Quote