VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Good evening who may read this.

Any one an idea how you get a video file with the .avc extention on a blu-ray disk?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Yes.

1. Burn as one (of many?) data file(s) onto a BD disc. Will play on a PC, but not in ANY BD settop player that I know of.
    2. Remux (re-multiplex) into MKV or MP4 container and then do #1. Will play on a PC, and some (most newer) BD settop players.
    3. Use it as a source (either raw or remuxed) in a BD authoring app. The result will be your standard BD structure with M2TS files, etc. Burn to BD disc. Will play on a PC and EVERY BD settop player (assuming the file is BD-compliant - very important!).

Which one of these were you thinking of?

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello Scott,

Well my meaning is to put it on a Blu ray disk, but it is a whole fight to get it done. Not every program is accepting every format so it is a puzzle to make before you have been able to keep a bit of the quality and put it on an BD.
    Quote Quote  
  4. .avc should be recognized by all BD authoring programs . It should be an elementary AVC stream

Where did you get it ? And are you sure it's a BD compatible elementary AVC video stream ?

You can try renaming the extension to .264, or .h264 - Some programs might "like" it better
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I got the program from this site:
    http://multiavchd.deanbg.com/

It should recognize .avc, but it does not for some reason.

I did found dvdarchitect on the disk, and that one does recognize .avc and i could play it to.

The file shows the right borders in dvdarchitect preview, but when i burned a blu ray and put it in the player, it is like it is zooming in, it cuts a part from all the sides.
    I tried to turn the zoom function off, but it shows that the minimum zoom from the blu ray player is set. Even i set as well the BRP and tv to 16:9 it doesn't show the whole picture.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Renaming the extension should work for multiavchd. But I doubt it's an authoring issue

What does mediainfo (view=>text) say about the file ?

Did you mount an iso and preview it on the computer? Did you try the physical disc on the computer?

Do other blu-ray discs play ok on the BD player?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I will put the mediainfo here a bit later, the pc is now rendering.

Yes, when i watch the iso, it is good, everything is shown. With other BD the player shows all correct, the whole screen.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!