VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've got some mp4 files I want to convert to DVD.
    I searched this site and found out about DivxtoDVD.

I tried it and it converted the file just fine but the frame was too large.
    I know it will be chopped off on my TV.

In WinAvi, there's a screen where you tell it how much to shrink the width & the height.
    In TMPGEnc, if you center the frame with a custom size you can put in a frame size that won't be cropped.

Is there a way to shrink the frame to compensate for the overscan in DivXtoDVD?

Thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Not that I am aware of. You could add borders to it before you put it into DivxToDVD, but that would require reencoding. Have you tried the output on your TV? The all in one programs can only do so much. Hard coded subs would be the biggest problem as they may get cut off.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Try using a program called super , a free converter that supports mpeg4 files , convert to mpeg2 with aac or mp3 audio , safer with mp3 as you'll beable to convert it to ac3 . It has a size output option , set it to your required dvd needs .

Use batchdemux to demux them mpeg to get the video , use vdub to svae audio out as wav , using the full processing feature under audio , then check its frequency that it gose out as 48khz , under the audio tab .

Besweet to convert the wav to ac3 5.1 , check under the tabs on the right till you see the "create 5.1 ac3" option then go back to besweet button , to return , then hit wav to ac3 button .

If this is all you need with no menu in dvd , use ifoedit to author dvd (up the top) , sellect vid , then that ac3 audio , and let it rip .

When done , hit "Get VTS SECTOR" , and save .

You can either play it back in any player that supports dvd playback , or just burn it using nero , or what ever dvd burning product you have .

For compatabilty :

Use dvdshink to keep project under 4.3gig , this is compatable with almost every dvd player .

Use tdk dvd-r , most reliable media , dont use dvd+r or rw media , some older players wont touch those ...

If you want to use a basic menu , dvdauthorgui is for you .

Create menu backgrounds , same size as dvd , ie , 720x576 for pal .
    Add title to dvdauthorgui , thats the mpeg video stream , then add that new ac3 stream .

Now add menu's , and button's , and basic nav , let it output the compilation , play test in dvd playback software , if ok , burn it .

If problem , use pcgedit to reorganize commands in dvd project , there are some guides for this on site , its faster than reauthoring the whole project over from scratch .
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Install avisynth (latest version) and get FitCD. Use FitCD to create an avisynth script that resizes and adds borders. Feed this to a real encoder using the correct bitrate and produced by the videohelp bitrate calculator. No need to use shrink to resize and risk lowering quality, as the size should be right.

Use TDA to knock up a quick menu and you are done.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote