VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. i am new to this stuff and i want to sharpen a certain anime video i have that is 480p
    what are the steps needed to be taken , can some one point me to a guide that i can use (that doesn't assume i know about this stuff)
    how do i save a video in avspmod once i am dont adding the lines? (also if i add for example WarpSharp(depth=16.0) and press f5 nothing really seems to change ...)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I like to use MSharpen for normal footage but it was designed for anime sharpening. Give it a go.

http://avisynth.nl/index.php/MSharpen
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by KarMa View Post
    I like to use MSharpen for normal footage but it was designed for anime sharpening. Give it a go.

lets say i want to use "MSharpen(threshold=10, strength=100,mask=false, highq=true) " or "aWarpSharp(depth=16.0, blurlevel=2) "

i just write them down and hit f5? where can i see the changes it seems they do nothing by the player at the bottom and i also jumps back to the start which is annoying , how do i render and save the video with the filters into a new video file?

sorry i am a complete beginner
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by KarMa View Post

also it tells me "YV12 input is required" when i try to use "aWarpSharp(depth=16.0, blurlevel=2)"

why does this error shows up?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Either your source is not YV12, or your decoder does not know it's YV12 and is decoding it to something like YUY2. Would help if you posted your entire script. Or you could put converttoyv12() at the end. This may hurt the color a bit.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by KarMa View Post
    Either your source is not YV12, or your decoder does not know it's YV12 and is decoding it to something like YUY2. Would help if you posted your entire script. Or you could put converttoyv12() at the end. This may hurt the color a bit.
    k i solved the error part but now i have a new problem when i try to encode the whole thing in megui i thin green line appears on the left side of the video and the sound is fast forwarded , it crops the video to 3:2 instead of 16:9

god dammit why cant this thing be simple as "click this filter" see image result click another one see another result then just click render and it applies the filters and thats it ...
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by zanzar View Post
    god dammit why cant this thing be simple as "click this filter" see image result click another one see another result then just click render and it applies the filters and thats it ...
    There are a number of encoders that can do just that -- Sorenson Squeeze and TMPGenc Video Mastering works to name two. They aren't as customizable and they're more expensive.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    We are helping you in the dark at the moment, post your script.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by zanzar View Post
    ...it crops the video to 3:2 instead of 16:9
    It does nothing of the kind. Is your video 720x480? Which is ... 3:2. You set a SAR or DAR when reencoding it. That way, although the source video resolution is 720x480, it'll play back at some 1.78:1 resolution like 854x480. If for DVD, for example, you tell your MPEG-2 encoder it's 16:9.
    Quote Quote