VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hey i was hoping someone could fix my video it is way too dark to see properly but you can see figures just not good enough to see i actually cant tell what the video is and am hoping to find out cheers!
    Someone help me please there is a 50 % chance that it may contain an adult clip so only open minded people reply otherwise no judgement this is the reason i have not put a link on this post thanks!
    Last edited by Wid01; 13th Feb 2017 at 12:32.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Could make brightness and contrast adjustments in VLC. The quickest option.
    Quote Quote  
  3. It may or may not be possible to bring out the details you want. You'll need to make a copy of the original video available. Do not reencode it.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Wid01, in the future please use a more descriptive subject title in your posts to allow others to search for similar topics. I will change yours this time. From our rules:
    Try to choose a subject that describes your topic.
    Please do not use topic subjects like Help me!!! or Problems.
    Thanks,

Moderator redwudz

And welcome to our forums.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    It helps to tell us where the video originated (at least to the best of your knowledge).

i.e. Is it camera footage / Was it captured from VHS / Was it downloaded? / etc.
    Do or do not. There is no "try." - Yoda
    Quote Quote  
  6. Anyone keen to test their skills for me at all totally understandable if not but cant hurt to ask thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by Wid01 View Post
    Anyone keen to test their skills for me at all totally understandable if not but cant hurt to ask thanks.
    Sure we're willing. Where is the video clip?

Histogram equalization may be helpful here. There's no way to say for sure without seeing the clip.
    Quote Quote  
  8. I sent you the link videoh thankyou.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Anyone that wants to have a try for me message me and i will send the link cheers.
    Quote Quote  
  10. I'm afraid there just isn't any useful detail in there to be brought out. I applied Levels in VirtualDub and I can get some amorphous blobs in a few of the frames. One of the blobs is barely discernible as a belly button and stomach and one may be a hand. But trust me, it's a total waste of time to try to get anything useful out of this.
    Quote Quote  
  11. The Levels filter in VirtualDub crushes superblacks and superbrights. You can work around that by using the Brightness/Contrast filter first. Pull the brightness up by ~7 percent. Then use the Levels filter. You'll see a lot more dark detail. Enough to see what's going on in some parts.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Thankyou for the effort people ill mark that one up as bad luck but appreciate you having a go for me anyway .
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    The Levels filter in VirtualDub crushes superblacks and superbrights. You can work around that by using the Brightness/Contrast filter first. Pull the brightness up by ~7 percent. Then use the Levels filter. You'll see a lot more dark detail. Enough to see what's going on in some parts.
    Confirmed - good catch there j. Alias Format (full range) before Levels also works.

videoh, please give it another try.

By the way, is the image darker than this one?

It's an actual picture of something or someone. Not NSFW.
    Last edited by raffriff42; 16th Mar 2017 at 16:45. Reason: (fixed image link)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by raffriff42 View Post

By the way, is the image darker than this one?

It's an actual picture of something or someone. Not NSFW.
    That's a really disturbing picture.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Allenadams View Post
    Adjust your video's contrast or brightness.
    Really?

You should read the other comments before making one of your own. The first comment — over a week ago — was to adjust contrast and brightness. Obviously, since the discussion has only gotten more involved since then, that suggestion wasn't useful then. It's sure to be just as useless now.
    Do or do not. There is no "try." - Yoda
    Quote Quote