VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 27
FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. 1. I haven't cover the Toolbox panel in any documentation because it is not intuitive, bulky and completely optional.
    FYI:

x1~x4: View magnification. Same as: Window > magnification

The Black button to AT button: Same as: Edit> Deinterlace current frame

The Flag: Same as: Edit > mark frame.
    (This is just a "bookmark" function. When you press Ctrl+← or Ctrl+→, it jumps among keyframes and these marked frames)

The Cross: Same as: Edit > Drop this frame if needed.
    (A frame marked with DEL will not be output when rendered)

2. Playback Window
    The playback window could be an independent window. I have set it the other way round which let the main window also serve as playback/preview window.
    If you prefer a separate window for playback, goto File> SETTING> SYSTEM > Use main window for playback preview. Restart the program and choose Window>Playback window

3. Plz tell me which file and which FX is getting this.

4. a big NO.
    Project file involving the NLE has no language compatibility due to translated FX names. This also means the FX-script you get from Japanese sites will NOT work as-is on the English version.

5. Most if not all English-UI scripts and plugins have been included in the installer, so you should not need to manually install extra stuff. If you need to, look for readme.txt in the archive file or associated blog link if any.
    For the GIF stuff, it may be better to use FFmpeg. Sometime ago FFmpeg improved on the GIF encoder which is now excellent: fast and quality.
    Stopping development until someone save me from poverty or get me out of Hong Kong...
    Twitter @MaverickTse
    Quote Quote  
  2. Hello! Been playing around with Aviutl for a while, and I'm wondering about keyframes?
    I had after effects for a little bit, and if I'm using the term correctly, the keyframes allowed me to change values of an effect at specific points. I thought I could do the same in Aviutl, but I'm not sure how or if that's available. I see the word keyframe in the program but I'm not exactly sure how to use it.
    For now, I've just been doing rectilinear movements on each object, but if there was an easier way to do it, that'd help a lot
    Click image for larger version

Name:	wip 6.png
Views:	230
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	38630
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Right-Click to add "MidPoint" on clip. Midpoints are key-frames used in animation. Example bellow..
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	midpoint.jpg
Views:	717
Size:	931.4 KB
ID:	38632  

Image Attached Files
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thank you for the detailed response! I'm glad to learn that the Toolbox menu is not necessary.

3. For the file that gave me error upon opening, it's the "SVGSampleUsage-2014May" in the SamplePrj of the v1-10 version. I had a bit of a problem with .dll dependency when using the latest installer so I also saved that version. As for the effect error, I can't remember the exact effect and so far haven't been able to recreate it. From what I remember, it was when I was trying to input a decimal value on one of the animation effects. If it happens again, I'll be sure to post it here.

4. Ahh, I see! I was introduced to this program via a Japanese site, but it is amazing that all the necessary plugins are already included. Thank you! I will need to spend more time learning the different filters.

A quick question, is something like this Static and Flicker effect (https://youtu.be/sZBj0eXj6hY?t=109) doable/difficult? I'm assuming you'd need to combine multiple filters but I'm not really sure where to start...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Aviutl has a few default transitions. You can obviously make your own custom transitions using various filters and graphics.

Here is a short example of just a few default transitions.
    Image Attached Files
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by nashi View Post
    Thank you for the detailed response! I'm glad to learn that the Toolbox menu is not necessary.

3. For the file that gave me error upon opening, it's the "SVGSampleUsage-2014May" in the SamplePrj of the v1-10 version. I had a bit of a problem with .dll dependency when using the latest installer so I also saved that version. As for the effect error, I can't remember the exact effect and so far haven't been able to recreate it. From what I remember, it was when I was trying to input a decimal value on one of the animation effects. If it happens again, I'll be sure to post it here.
    I am able to track down the error. It is due to invalid filename reference.
    When you open that SVG project, click Yes on the error popup until it go away.
    Then fix all the layer 3 objects like the following:
    (for the last SVG object, choose the drawing01.svg)

Name:	fix_svg sample.png
Views:	378
Size:	763.1 KB
ID:	38678

When done, choose File > [ Project ] Overwrite
    to save the project.

Close AviUtl, start it up again and load the SVG project again.
    Stopping development until someone save me from poverty or get me out of Hong Kong...
    Twitter @MaverickTse
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by nashi View Post
    Thank you for the detailed response! I'm glad to learn that the Toolbox menu is not necessary.

4. Ahh, I see! I was introduced to this program via a Japanese site, but it is amazing that all the necessary plugins are already included. Thank you! I will need to spend more time learning the different filters.
    If you can read Japanese, it may be better to choose the Japanese version when installing (The installer included both languages). Then you will have less problem using scripts and plugins published by Japanese.

Personally, I'm not going to localize any more new scripts or plugins.
    Twitter @MaverickTse
    Quote Quote  
  8. Man... I just discovered that I missed a lot on FFmpeg development since last year 4th quarter...
    FFmpeg now have NNEDI deinterlacer, convolution filter... and ... OCR and Chroma Key!?
    This is ridiculous... VirtualDub and AviUtl (without the NLE) can be proclaimed dead, while Avisynth is not needed except for the most geeky usage

Though I have been researching on making a new cross-platform NLE, I really need to re-think the implementation... or FFmpeg own us all
    Twitter @MaverickTse
    Quote Quote  
  9. Rewritten the old Sigmodial Contrast plugin to remove ImageMagick dependency and only works on the Y-channel.
    The brave one can tryout or contribute:
    https://github.com/MaverickTse/SigContrastFastAviUtl/releases

(need VS2015 redist)

My blog has also been updated supporting SSL connection via CloudFlare. Old Release Announcement pages should give an obvious warning. Old links to my site should mostly work. Google can finally crawl my site.
    Just some external links to NicoNico is not working as NCNC is not supporting SSL.
    Twitter @MaverickTse
    Quote Quote  
  10. New user here (potentially, anyway). Looking forward to trying out AviUtl for the first time but the Extra Pack 1.13 installer is halting at ffmpeg.7z with a 'Cannot connect' error. Can't find anything wrong at my end (XP SP3). Are you able to investigate? Many thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by deholloway View Post
    New user here (potentially, anyway). Looking forward to trying out AviUtl for the first time but the Extra Pack 1.13 installer is halting at ffmpeg.7z with a 'Cannot connect' error. Can't find anything wrong at my end (XP SP3). Are you able to investigate? Many thanks.

FFmpeg downloads fine on my side. It is your connection's problem or Zeranoe's site was temporarily down.
    Go to "old version" and get v1.10 standalone if problem persist.
    Twitter @MaverickTse
    Quote Quote  
  12. Thanks for looking into it. I am up and running with v1.10 but the v1.13 installer is still halting at the same point in my hands (Zeranoe site is OK). For info, the download process is beginning with a security alert: "certificate you are viewing does not match the name of the site you are trying to view", certificate issued to images.apple.com. Obviously nothing to do with ffmpeg but maybe the installer's not even getting as far as the ffmpeg download.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Can someone tell me how to do this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VmGqiF8uYU&t=83s
    0:16 (the image moves at the music's rythm)
    0:16 (the glich efect in the image too)

2:30 (the lyricst zoom in and out again and again at the music's rythm)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJ9Mw5ARlMA
    0:31 (text effect)

And: How can I add more text fonts to the default ones that has aviutl?
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by deholloway View Post
    Thanks for looking into it. I am up and running with v1.10 but the v1.13 installer is still halting at the same point in my hands (Zeranoe site is OK). For info, the download process is beginning with a security alert: "certificate you are viewing does not match the name of the site you are trying to view", certificate issued to images.apple.com. Obviously nothing to do with ffmpeg but maybe the installer's not even getting as far as the ffmpeg download.
    That's relating to the download of iTune, part of which is required for the qaac AAC audio encoder.
    I'm getting Error 403 for FFmpeg also... Just notice that the /build page on Zeranoe site revamped significantly and may have broken some links.

I'll look into both issue and perhaps release a fixed installer before Christmas.(I'll be free after 10th Dec)

Meanwhile, use the standalone pack v1.10

Thanks for reporting.
    Twitter @MaverickTse
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by Saiwo View Post
    Can someone tell me how to do this:

0:16 (the image moves at the music's rythm)
    0:16 (the glich efect in the image too)

2:30 (the lyricst zoom in and out again and again at the music's rythm)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJ9Mw5ARlMA
    0:31 (text effect)

And: How can I add more text fonts to the default ones that has aviutl?
    All the linking of image/text size or deformation with audio volume are done with script and a lot of tuning.
    I can tell you which script function but you will still need a lot of trial-and-error to get a desirable effect.

glitch effect? I am not exactly sure what you mean but you may consider "Color shift". There is also a "Twitch" effect somewhere in the bundle... if my memory is correct.

For fonts, you many find some free-to-use such as here: http://fontfree.me/
    Font is an OS issue and you need to install the font on your Windows in order to use it (in whatever program)
    Twitter @MaverickTse
    Quote Quote  
  16. Thanks, can you explain to me something bout the script thing to make the zoom effect at the music's rithm??
    Quote Quote  
  17. EMERGENCY ANNOUNCEMENT
    Major FFmpeg distribution site, Zeranoe, seems to have experienced a bandwidth problem.
    It seems that the site BLOCK all bots and scripts from downloading, while usual download using common browsers should be fine.

Name:	zeranoe_down_Dec2016.png
Views:	261
Size:	242.4 KB
ID:	39854

Though probably not caused by AviUtl installer, I urge everyone STOP using AviUtl Installer 1.11 and 1.12 and delete them.
    The current installer would not work either unless you uncheck the components relating to FFmpeg.

For the meantime, go to the "old version" link and get v1.10 standalone
    Twitter @MaverickTse
    Quote Quote  
  18. Originally Posted by Saiwo View Post
    Thanks, can you explain to me something bout the script thing to make the zoom effect at the music's rithm??
    First have a look at the screenshot below:

Name:	aviutl-audio-script.png
Views:	1106
Size:	528.5 KB
ID:	39884

The screenshot shows a minimal project, with an audio track and a text object below it.
    The text object, has a "Script control" effect attaching to it.

The content:
    Code:
    d=3
    buf={}
    n=obj.getaudio(buf,"audiobuffer","spectrum",d)
    obj.ox=obj.ox+(buf[1]-300)/10
    obj.oy=obj.oy+(buf[3]-300)/10
    obj.zoom=obj.zoom*0.001*buf[2]
    here, d is a simple numeric varaible, buf is an emty array.
    the obj.getaudio() function sample the currently playing sound (due to the "audiobuffer" string here, you may also try to replace it with a filename),
    present it as a spectrum with volume against frequency range (due to "spectrum" keyword, other options are "pcm" and "fourier")
    and group the frequency range into 3 groups (due to d=3. you can get a finer division by increasing d. "fourier" has a fixed value of 1024 for d).
    n is the number of audio sample which is rarely used.
    this function put the volume data into the array "buf" and you can access it with index value 1...d
    in this example buf[1] is the bass, buf[2] is themidrange, buf[3] for the high pitch area.

Now comes the tricky part. You want to move the text or image using such audio data.
    obj.ox and obj.oy represents the coordinate.
    You see I'm doing a bit of calculation here... /10 to reduce the value range and -300 to make some value +ve while some with -ve.
    YOU WILL NEED TO TWEAK THIS PART to get the desired result.

obj.zoom set the magnification.
    Surprisingly, obj.w and obj.h are read-only. So if you need to deform width independent of height, you will need to call other functions.
    Twitter @MaverickTse
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Cool, it works. I saved the script preset for whenever I want to use it....
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Changing the divisor to around 50 makes it more uniform and less erratic I think. I like the effect, it's kinda a throwback to the 60's / 70's.

Code:
    d=3
    buf={}
    n=obj.getaudio(buf,"audiobuffer","spectrum",d)
    obj.ox=obj.ox+(buf[1]-300)/50
    obj.oy=obj.oy+(buf[3]-300)/50
    obj.zoom=obj.zoom*0.001*buf[2]
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  21. Hint:
    You may want to make use of the trigonometric functions, esp. Sine and Cosine, to make the buf array more manageable.... guarantee to transform it into -1...+1 range
    the trigo function is a part of LUA math library

Code:
    obj.ox=obj.ox+math.sin(buf[1])*100
    Twitter @MaverickTse
    Quote Quote  
  22. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VmGqiF8uYU&t=83s (the lyrics at the begining)

how can I do the "blue cubes" effect?
    Quote Quote  
  23. Originally Posted by Saiwo View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VmGqiF8uYU&t=83s (the lyrics at the begining)

how can I do the "blue cubes" effect?

Probably media object => particle output set to "square" . Some keyframed parameters like size , position of emitter, gravity . Probably done as two separate instances , left and right. They are not mirror symmetrical
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If you enable "1char1obj" in the Standard Text Drawing it makes for some cool effects. It takes me back to the 70's.....
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  25. Fixed the installer and published to videohelp. -> v1.14

I'm thinking of making myself a buildbot for x264, x256, l-smash, ffmpeg, l-smash works, mkvtoolnix,etc.... those frequently updated components.
    There is a BASH script that semi-automate this(90%, I just need to add code to copy out the files, push them to dropbox and distribute them via torrent/magnet link) but bash script is fragile,
    so I'm wondering if BuildBot.net worth consideration.

The installer will also need to rewrite, as the installer code is almost 100% build-time decided and fail easily
    Twitter @MaverickTse
    Quote Quote  
  26. Originally Posted by MaverickTse View Post
    What kinda wizzardry are you pulling buddy, awesome really! (especially Racer-x's beach piece, fantastic)

I put it here C:\AviUtlPack\Script\Sand, hopefully that is fine. I might need it some day
    Quote Quote  
  27. [Grave News]
    This morning, my WD 3TB died suddenly, together with "My document", all adult game CG and... ALL development files.
    That includes the source code for the 1.14 installer... (luckily I upload it the day before)

I also lost the private SSH key to my blog server and therefore being locked out

Recovery would take time...unknown
    Twitter @MaverickTse
    Quote Quote  
  28. Hello!

I was wondering if hte clothes movements could be done with AviuTl, and which function should I use to do it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1G-k305pJM (0:30)

The clothes and details (including hair) moves, this could be done using AviuTl?
    Quote Quote  
  29. Originally Posted by MaverickTse View Post
    [Grave News]
    This morning, my WD 3TB died suddenly, together with "My document", all adult game CG and... ALL development files.
    That includes the source code for the 1.14 installer... (luckily I upload it the day before)

I also lost the private SSH key to my blog server and therefore being locked out

Recovery would take time...unknown

@Mav - That sucks man . I hope you had backups of everything, especially "adult game CG" (You probably meant some innocent game, but my mind is in the gutter )

Originally Posted by Saiwo View Post
    Hello!

I was wondering if hte clothes movements could be done with AviuTl, and which function should I use to do it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1G-k305pJM (0:30)

The clothes and details (including hair) moves, this could be done using AviuTl?

Yes you can do it in aviutl. You need an image editor to divide up the base image into layers (mask out layers) . Something like gimp, paint.net, photoshop etc... It's mostly layers composited together with rotation parameter animated . You can see evidence that this method was used - as some layers "break" apart at the axis of rotation in that sample video. There are some simple deformations as well, for example the closeup of the hair . This can be done with various of the aviutl deformers .

Did you get the particle "blue cubes" effect sorted out ? I can post examples of either or both if you need it or can't figure it out
    Last edited by poisondeathray; 22nd Dec 2016 at 11:55.
    Quote Quote  
  30. "blue box" particle wipe reveal example, project attached below

gif preview

Name:	particle_wipe_reveal_example.gif
Views:	256
Size:	226.6 KB
ID:	40010

So the blue boxes is just 2 instances of the particle output as mentioned earlier. Play with the settings to get what you want, but this was set to "square" . I was lazy and used only 1 instance in scene 1, and in the root scene I just duplicated it and rotated/positioned it . Add motion blur or whatever other effects to customize . The timing in this sample project is slow motion so you can "see" what is going on more easily. The gif preview shows a more sped up version (frames dropped /subsampled) , but slower than the youtube example. You can change the timing to whatever you want. Once you get it how you want, I recommend you render it out as a RGBA intermediate, so you can use it again easily without having to recalculate motionblur etc.. each time. Likely that is what the user in the youtube video did. It will be much faster as a pre rendered asset when you are making a final video

Of course you can change the particle shape, color, timing etc... or combine multiple layers or instances with alpha channel. Don't limit yourself to doing something similar as to what the other video showed. Learn from the basic technique and expand on it, be creative
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!