VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello everyone,
    I have just got a 4K UHD monitor for my Desktop PC. (it is very high end i7 processor, Display Port cables, SSHD, 1080 video card, 16 gig RAM, 850 watt Power supply, etc.)
    I want to watch UHD / 4K movies on this PC.

QUESTION #1: Who makes an Internal Blu-Ray Player / Burner (for a desktop PC) that plays UHD disks/ movies (4K disks)?

QUESTION: Who makes an Internal Blu-Ray Player / Burner (for a desktop PC) that is REGION FREE? (That plays all - REGION A, B, C and NO REGION Blu-Ray disks?)

All the best
    andy
    Quote Quote  
  2. 1. No one. Drives that may be compatible exist, but not software to play or otherwise decrypt.
    There is NO possibility to play UltraHD Blu-ray on a PC at the moment. You need a stand-alone player.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    1. Commercially produced UHD Blu-ray discs require a stand-alone UHD Blu-ray player. There is no way to use a PC to play them at present. As stated above, UHD Blu-ray player software doesn't exist yet, although Cyberlink is supposed to be developing such software.

2. Every PC Blu-ray drive is region free to begin with. Licensed players like PowerDVD or Corel WinDVD set the region. You would need to use an unlicensed player like DVDFab Media Player Pro Version to avoid setting the region, or use a licensed player such as PowerDVD or Corel WinDVD with DVDFab Passkey for Blu-ray or AnyDVD HD running in the background.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 30th Nov 2016 at 14:03.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the answer.

I guess I will wait for an Internal player to come out.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    OK. Thanks for your insightful replies.

You say...........You would need to use an unlicensed player like DVDFab Media Player Pro Version to avoid setting the region,
    I DO have the complete DVDFab Media Player Pro Blu-Ray 10 softwares - all of them - including the DVDFab Passkey 9 . It is the most up to date version, the full version, and Lifetime subscription.

Please help me to understand this:
    I have a Blu-ray movie REGION B.
    I have a SONY stand alone REGION A Blu-Ray player.
    OK.
    If I copy this Blu-ray movie REGION B - using my DVDFab Media Player Pro Blu-Ray softwares with the DVDFab Passkey - then I will be removing the REGION B and replacing it with nothing. The copied disk has NO REGION. NOT REGION B. NOT REGION A. NO REGION
    CORRECT?
    So why does this copied Blu-ray movie not play on my SONY stand alone Blu-Ray player REGION A?

Please advise.
    andy
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Which Sony Blu-ray player do you have? How many frames per second does MediaInfo report for the video on these Blu-rays? Some Sony Blu-ray players made for N. America refuse to play Blu-ray discs with 25 fps video and 50 fps video. Some US TVs don't like video delivered at 25Hz or 50Hz either.

[Edit]There is another issue that I forgot about. Some Blu-ray discs check the player's country code as well the region code. AnyDVD HD is supposed include a way to get around it. I don't think DVDFab Passkey provides a solution to that problem yet.
    http://forum.dvdfab.cn/showthread.php?t=26982
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 30th Nov 2016 at 21:35. Reason: Accuracy. Apparently the disc check the country code on the player, not the other way around.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  7. Coincidentally, Cyberlink announced they have the necessary certification and will release a new PowerDVD in early 2017 to support Ultra HD Blu-ray playback.
    http://www.cyberlink.com/eng/press_room/view_4103.html?affid=2581_1261_731_36210_0_ENU
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by sneaker View Post
    Coincidentally, Cyberlink announced they have the necessary certification and will release a new PowerDVD in early 2017 to support Ultra HD Blu-ray playback.
    http://www.cyberlink.com/eng/press_room/view_4103.html?affid=2581_1261_731_36210_0_ENU
    Nice I've been waiting for this news. thanks
    Quote Quote