VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I have a Sony HDR-CX130 and I capture in AVCHD format. .mts
    I have a licensed copy of NeatVideo Dub and installed VirtualDub AIO and it will load MTS files fine.

This camera tends to create images with noise. not much but enough to warrant using NV which creates outstanding results.
    I will most likely never burn these to BluRay and would like to keep the files in the best possible format.

What compression should I save the edited videos to? MP4? Keep 1920x1080 I assume? No need to reduce size and quality.
    I have plenty of disk space and external drives for storage.

Any suggestions would be welcome!!

Lannie
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I also noticed some were recorded in interlaced and some progressive. I must have been messing with the settings while learning to use it.

I assume the final format should be progressive? How do I determine the exact mode it was recorded in?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I think you should keep the files in unprocessed state as a backup. And to determine if it is progresive or deinterlaced you can use Mediainfo . If you want you can to convert it with x264 codec to mp4 container as processed.
    It is only my opinion.

Bernix
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    That's what I ended up doing. I found the TEXt output of Mediainfo showed me my file types. Apparantly I was messing around with the camera a lot on our Carnival Cruise. 4 different record modes. lol

I found out how to configure the External encoding with VD and I am using the x264 like you suggested. With NV 4.1 and yadif deinterlace I am able to get all my videos to 1920x1080p format. The results are terrific! Getting about 8fps on my modest system which I didn't think was too bad for the file types and NV filtering.

It does take advantage of the CPU and GPU cores which helps a lot.

Intel i5-4570 Quad core
    8Gb DDR3
    AMD HD 7770 Video with 1Gb ram and 4 cores.
    2 x 1Tb WD drives with 32Mb buffer.

NV helps make my videos look like they came from a much better HD camera.

Lannie
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I found the exporting with an external encoder on the following forum:

http://forum.timescapes.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=716

About 2/3rd the way down the page. They don't clearly state it but I created a folder under VirtualDub called Encoders and put the three folders/apps under each respective folder.

So far this is working very well.

Lannie

PS: I am using version 1.10.4 of VD and the latest NV 4.1.
    Quote Quote