VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hi,

I have a time lapse taken with my GoPro at 4k. The GoPro was on the side of the canoe, so the canoe didn't move but the landscape did. This video uploaded to youtube no problem, in glorious 4k, but shakey. I figured out how to use deshaker in virtualdub to get a great smoothed result, and I have deshaker downsample to 2k (QHD 2560x1440) video. However, I can't for the life of me get the new video to upload without getting converted down to 360p, which really chafes.

If I understand correctly, Google reencodes everything no matter what, so I don't understand why it matters at all what is uploaded. But whatever, they make the rules, however non-sensical.

I tried H264vfw plugged into virtualdub to output that to an AVI, then ffmpeg to remux the AVI to mp4. But, no dice.

I used this post found here for x264 settings.
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/342455-YouTube-the-hard-way-(x264-command-line)

And applied them thus:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture123.PNG
Views:	415
Size:	47.7 KB
ID:	36870

So, if anyone can let me know what to do here, I'd be ever appreciative. I guess I should be moving to command line because this 3-step video encoding is a pain (deshake pass 1, deshake into x264 pass 1, deshake into x264 pass 2). I'm powershell savy, so that seems like a good place to play with it, but I'm just not sure what pieces to put together and how.

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Can you post a MediaInfo of your output file? What browser did you use to determine only the 360p version is available? Did you wait some time after the upload to check? Maybe the 360p version was just the first to be available, YouTube encodes to multiple variants to cover all kinds of client devices and Internet speeds. It can take some time before all of them show up.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Please provide link to already uploaded video to YT so it can be checked for resolution.

Bellow should quickly encode for yt - no sense to use slower presets.

Code:
    @SET x264opts="qp=16:open_gop=0:pic_struct=1:aud=1:cabac=1:threads=auto:no_psnr=1:no_ssim=1:sliced_threads=1:threads=auto"
    @ffmpeg -y -i %1 -c:a copy -c:v libx264 -preset veryfast -tune film -profile:v high -x264opts %x264opts% -x264-params %x264opts% -movflags faststart -f mp4 "%~n1_YT4k.mp4"
    Last edited by pandy; 2nd May 2016 at 12:17.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Thanks! Looks like I just wasn't patient enough. I got busy, finally went back and looked at it today, and both of my upload attempts now have the desired 1440p video. Very cool!
    Quote Quote