VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. The English-language instructions provided with AmaRecTV are pretty spartan. What does the "drop" mean that is shown at the bottom on the right side of the monitoring panel while capturing?

In the attached image, for example, it says Drop[ 0, (+)22, (-)0] HDD[ 5.7MB/s, 99.0%] CPU[ 3%] on the right.
    Toward the center, though, it says, View[706x530 30.00fps] Cap[ 30.00fps 0Drop].
    What's the difference between the Drop[ 0, (+)22, (-)0] on the right vs the Cap[... 0Drop] in the center?

Click image for larger version

Name:	drop.png
Views:	471
Size:	408.5 KB
ID:	33360
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by liddle View Post

In the attached image, for example, it says Drop[ 0, (+)22, (-)0] HDD[ 5.7MB/s, 99.0%] CPU[ 3%] on the right.
    Toward the center, though, it says, View[706x530 30.00fps] Cap[ 30.00fps 0Drop].
    What's the difference between the Drop[ 0, (+)22, (-)0] on the right vs the Cap[... 0Drop] in the center?
    0 (0 frame skipped), (+) 22 frames inserted - Negative valour I dont know.

Claudio
    Quote Quote  
    Some sort of cave with bats flying around
    Search PM
    My best guess is how many frames you have dropped from the recording while it was capturing what you wanted.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I did some experimenting.
    If I capture 1 minute of feed from a VHS tape playing at 29.97fps:
    - if the AmaRecTV capture device [Graph1(Device) panel, Format field] is set at 29.97fps, I get 0,+0,-0 on the right side
    - if the AmaRecTV capture device [Graph1(Device) panel, Format field] recording is set at 25fps, I get something like 0,+1,-98 or 0,+2,-36

Either way, the center still shows 0 Drop. I wonder if the statistics shown on the right refer to how many frames were added or dropped for the recording, while the ones at the center refer to frames added or dropped for the simultaneous playback display.
    Quote Quote