VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a Blu-Ray movie which has no english subs & backed up in TS format from tsmuxer. I want to add the same movie DVD subs to it & output as an MKV container with mkvmerge.

Every time I do, the subs that display in MPHC are out of sync to the lips, I used tsmuxer to demux the dvd & get .sup file & used subtitle edit & convert to srt. I tried converting from 25 to 23.9fps & used the video sync windows to sync subs from early on in the film & end. But it was way off throughout whole movie when watching in mkv format.

The closest I got was just adding the .srt that subtitle edit OCRd+ bluray ts file in mkvmerge, but the subs are out of snyc in MPHC.

Please help how to do this.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    It might be some different cuts/edit in the movie...then wont fps change or early & end-sync work.

Have you tried search for subtitles online?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    It might be some different cuts/edit in the movie...then wont fps change or early & end-sync work.

Have you tried search for subtitles online?
    As for different cuts/edits in movie they are almost identical, just a few secs diff in length. But the subs are so far off that can't explain it imo.

I tried a few sites, but I can never seem to get to the actual file.

thanks
    Quote Quote  
  4. Please help how to do this
    You'll probably have to do part wise synchronization then. In Subtitle Edit you can do visual sync for parts. Also if you can find the subtitles in a different language it can sometimes be helpful to use the timecodes from it to make Point Sync part wise.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Gurd99 View Post
    I have a Blu-Ray movie which has no english subs & backed up in TS format from tsmuxer.
    Can you see the English subtitles if you play the movie straight from the disk?

Did you purchase the blu-ray in Australia or is it an import?

Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by newpball View Post
    Originally Posted by Gurd99 View Post
    I have a Blu-Ray movie which has no english subs & backed up in TS format from tsmuxer.
    Can you see the English subtitles if you play the movie straight from the disk?

Did you purchase the blu-ray in Australia or is it an import?

Hi,

Its import & no english subs on any release. If the foreign ones had times next to each I assume I can just match the dvd english times.

Will see how I go. Cheers
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Gurd99, I was in the same situation but used a different subtitle frame rate changer which worked a treat. https://www.videohelp.com/software/Subtitle-framerate-changer/old-versions ....yes, old as the hills but brilliant. I used it for all Game Of Thrones Seasons for forced english subs...had bluray video but only dvd forced english subs. Changed frame rate from 25.000 (dvd rate) to 23.976 (Bluray). I also checked that the run time/duration of each were the same, eg each bluray episode was the same duration as the dvd source (I downloaded one dvd episode to be sure and checked via media info then I went ahead a just downloaded all the subs which were srts). Then I renamed the srt files as per the bluray episode names and muxed in with mkvmerge. Perhaps check that your bluray duration is the same in hours/mins as your dvd? Or praps go to subscene and download a new .srt subtitle as perhaps the source for your subtitle from the dvd was out in timing originally? Hope this helps in any way, blessings, Bella
    Quote Quote