VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. i downloaded a video off youtube and i dunno why the uploader had the video rotated 90 degrees left.... is there a way to save the mp4 with the right rotation?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search PM
    You can use avisynth to rotate the video
    Quote Quote  
  3. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Or try AVIDemux. AVISynth has a fair bit of a learning curve.
    Quote Quote  
  4. does someone know if format factory can rotate a video 90 degrees while keeping the aspect ratio and the quality (nearly the same)?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by VideoNoob123 View Post
    does someone know if format factory can rotate a video 90 degrees while keeping the aspect ratio and the quality (nearly the same)?
    Never used format factory, but what you want to do will require crop/zoom functions and will need to be re-encoded.
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
  6. thanks a lot! having problems with Mindows Live Movie Maker:

- file is 210 mb 720x540px
    - looks like that

- its properties

- new file settings

- and exported is 1 GB !!!

- and looks like that

1. the scaling seems to be 1:1 ?
    2, can i have a less big file but without (or not much) loss?

thanks mates
    Quote Quote  
  7. XMedia Recode: load file / Filters Preview / 5. Rotate
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by flashandpan007 View Post
    XMedia Recode: load file / Filters Preview / 5. Rotate
    thanks a lot it seems to work, do you know if you can queue multiple files into it and adjust each setting to a file like 10 files = same settings, rotate 90 degrees. i tried it out but it doesnt save all tasks for each file
    Quote Quote  
  9. Sorry for the late reply, quite busy at the moment.
    I updated XMedia Recode to the latest version and tried it for you.
    Open all files you want to convert, mark one, adjust settings for rotation (add filter now), add to joblist and same for next files. Then Encode
    Should work like here

Klaus from Bavaria
    Quote Quote  
  10. Banned
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by VideoNoob123 View Post
    ...rotate a video 90 degrees while keeping the aspect ratio and the quality (nearly the same)?
    Obviously not, rotating a video will change the aspect ratio.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by flashandpan007 View Post
    Sorry for the late reply, quite busy at the moment.
    I updated XMedia Recode to the latest version and tried it for you.
    Open all files you want to convert, mark one, adjust settings for rotation (add filter now), add to joblist and same for next files. Then Encode
    Should work like here

Klaus from Bavaria

hi Klaus,

will try out ! thanks a lot, the original file has a height of 720 and 540. what shall i use for VIDEOGRÖßE? it is enabled and i dunno what to click so when it gets rotated it will have a fitting aspect ratio without pic loss.

thanks
    Quote Quote  
  12. Do not convert the framerate to another one. It will stutter or similar motion artifacts will occour while playing.
    Open the files with MediaInfo or MediaInfo Lite or you just look at informations of the opened files in XMedia Recode.
    Set it to custom and you can use almost every codec in any container format.
    language setting is available in options/preferences/language -> You don't have to use the authors my and native language.
    Resolution should be kept that means the old width is the new height because we rotate the video files or you add black bars to get 16:9
    It depends of the selected codec if it supports that special resolution

Hope this helps you
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!