VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Has anyone out there managed to master using the KWORLD DVD Maker 2 adapter on their Mac?!......I have downloaded Empia Capture which seems to play the video- but there is no sound coming out.Also I dont know where /how to plug the 4 pin S Video cord? The back of my VHS video player doesnt have a port/cord that suits.It just has a "RF OUT" port which takes a male single pin....but then I dont know where to plug the other end into the mac/ how? (if it needs an adapter) .I have no idea what transfers the sound- and makes it heard on my mac.Please help!

Michelle
    Quote Quote  
  2. In looking at the info for the KWORLD DVD Maker 2 found here: http://us.kworld-global.com/main/prod_in.aspx?mnuid=1306&modid=10&prodid=102&flag=1
    That device ( KWORLD DVD Maker 2) must use the video and audio inputs from an analog source. The RF out is for a coax connection for antenna or cable. If the VHS player does not have any other outputs, then you will need either a different player or a different capture device where you can match up the connections. BTW: what is the make and model number of the VHS player?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Only S-VHS tape decks have S-Video.
    S-Video is video ONLY, no audio comes through that cable/connection.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You have the wrong combination of equipment. You either need an analog TV tuner card to capture from the RF out of your VCR, or you need a different VCR with composite out and stereo audio out to use the KWorld DVD Maker.

...and three threads for one problem is against the forum rules. This one is plenty. I will ask a moderator to move it to the correct forum (Mac forum) and close the other two.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 24th Nov 2014 at 08:10.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I'm moving you to our mac section.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Thanks for relpying.I still have no idea how to make the sound work.The VHS video player is a LGmodel no. GC480W
    Quote Quote  
  7. That VCR does have RCA outputs and the fact that you see the picture means you connected the video out (yellow RCA) correctly to the DVD Maker. If you connected the L/R audio (red & white RCA's) as well, then it must be that the audio recording level is too low. Have you looked at the skimpy Empia manual, under Record there's a sound setting option (or just hit command-S), adjust the recording level there. BTW, you didn't mute the speakers by chance?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    EchoFX wrote Empia Capture, but their current VideoGlide software appears to be a newer version of Empia Capture. The manual is here: http://www.diamondmm.com/images/VideoGlide%20ReadMe.pdf Since the quick start guide for Empia Capture is sketchy, maybe the manual for the newer program can provide some of the missing pieces of the puzzle.

If all else fails, you may need to use your Mac's sound card (microphone or line in) to capture audio via a 3.5mm to RCA Audio adapter cable.
    Quote Quote  
  9. You guys are amazing!! I got the sound to work- changing the source to USB2861 device...whatever that is! ha
    Now I need help with the other settings.Of course I want to edit uploaded video using IMOVIE on my Mac.Im not sure what the best format to do that in? I chose DV.Pal over MPEG.4 video as I thought it would record in the best quality (??).Also what size should I choose 640*480?? or 720*576?
    All of these settings are gibberish to me....I 'simply' want to upload this somehow-and edit it so that it views in the best quality possible.

Can you help boy geniuses!! (you are you know!)

Michelle
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    If your "final destination" is DVD....then 720x576 (if you are indeed in a PAL country) with MPEG2/DVD video is the way to go. You are on a Mac so who knows....
    Quote Quote  
  11. Haven't fiddled with Imovie in ages, seems to me it has the ability to capture video. If there's a capture menu, see if you can select that USB2861 device as a source. Capturing into Imovie would be the best way to go, DV would be next though I'm not sure how you would go about importing that. Select a resolution that is appropriate for your final output, if you plan on making a DVD refer to Hech54's post.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!