VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Dear Experts,

I have managed to get some music off of cassette tape
    into WAV and MP3 files.

Now I'd like to make a little slide show for Youtube:
    - Stitch two WAV files together end to end.
    - Add images

What is a good free or open source software to do this in?
    I use Windows and Linux machines. It needs to actually work,
    and be intuitively obvious.

Thanks a lot!
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Best to do a search for "slideshow", this topic comes up about once per week.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Virtualdub > using filters in Blend mode with Curve Editor to create transitions between frames > change frame rate "so video and audio durations match" and "convert to fps".

I use a program called Gif Movie Gear which allows me to set timing for each frame (in case some frames need to show longer than others) and can save as avi. It is not free though. Then I use Virtualdub to do any other editing I might need.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Since you claim to use both windows and linux, I'm assuming you have adequate brain cells to take on a very good free NLE like Aviutl. I used it to create a nice slideshow for a car show recently. here is a little spinet for example:
    Image Attached Files
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I use proshow producer , also not free, here is one of my shows, it will give you an idea what can be created.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrEG0lrTtoI&feature=youtu.be
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I use proshow producer , also not free, here is one of my shows, it will give you an idea what can be created.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by racer-x View Post
    Since you claim to use both windows and linux, I'm assuming you have adequate brain cells to take on a very good free NLE like Aviutl. I used it to create a nice slideshow for a car show recently. here is a little spinet for example:
    Nice. Do you have the whole video uploaded somewhere?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I'll see if I can make a down-scaled 720p version.

I will say that there were some seriously nice cars there. That 34 Ford in my clip had a 427 SOHC aka "cammer" motor. It had to be one of the rarest engines on the planet, easily $80,000 for motor alone...
    Last edited by racer-x; 4th Nov 2014 at 06:35.
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
  9. Banned
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by scorpio1959 View Post
    If am not a fan of slideshow generators but Proshow producer is definitely slick.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by racer-x View Post
    No I did it for work. If I uploaded it to YouTube, I'd have to change the background audio. That music fits like a glove.

I will say that there were some seriously nice cars there. That 34 Ford in my clip had a 427 SOHC aka "cammer" motor. It had to be one of the rarest engines on the planet, easily $80,000 for motor alone...
    I had a couple of friends in high school with cars that had 427 ford motors. One I was going to buy but it was way too much motor for a 17 year old. It was a 67 Ford Fairlane Daytona Special. I was told there were only 72 cars produced so it never was raced at NASCAR. When I drove it, I had it up to 95 in 2nd gear and the end of the service road came up so I had to shut it down. I was shaking when I got out. It would've gone 180 mph easily. The second guy worked at the same store I did. I never saw his race car. I believe it was a 57 Ford. He couldn't keep a rear end under it. I did ride in his yellow 40 Ford with a 283 Chevy that would pull the front wheels off the ground. Me and my brothers had a few muscle cars back then but I never had any old cars. There were a few that I wanted to buy but my foster dad talked me out of. 33 Plymouth 3 window coupe with suicide doors and a six cylinder, 1939 Studebaker and 1937 Chevy panel. Most of the cars we had back then we bought for under $500. The most we paid was $750 for a 69 Chevelle SS 396 from a guy at Vo-Tech who just built the motor. Not sure which car was the fastest. 69' Chevelle SS, 69' GTO 400, 67 GTO 350 HO. We bought the 350 engine that started as a 430 hp motor that was rebuilt by a friend who wrapped his Ventura around a telephone pole. Most people don't know that the high output 350 big blocks were eating up the Mustangs when Pontiac released the Judge in 69' but Delorean was afraid that buyers would shy away from the 350 engine so they stuck with the 400 with 40 less hp. We would be rich today if we still owned those cars. We would have to be with the price of gas today. I don't think those cars would run very well on pump gas now though.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Deleted.
    Last edited by racer-x; 5th Nov 2014 at 04:52.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks man! Great video and great song. I have one I made somewhere with Foreigner's "Rev On The Red Line". It's a lot harder finding high resolution photos than you would think. Looks like you took all the pictures in your video. That's what I wanted to do when I was young but I had to get a real job when I got out of school. I took two years of photography at Vo-Tech in 73'-75'. Had a couple of decent 35mm cameras and a Yashica twin lens. Never could quite afford to get the cameras that I wanted (Mamiya RB67 or 645 medium format cameras). Being on SSA Disability now, I can't even afford an entry level Canon EOS.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yeah, I shot those with my Canon t2i / 28-135 mm lens. Photography and video is just a hobby to me for the last 10 years or so. I'm 100% sef-taught, no courses.

I've had real jobs all my life. I started working 50 hours a week when I was 11 years old to contribute my share in a family of 15.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!