VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm going to tape a speaker's talking head in front of dark background (blackboard in classroom). 2/3 space on video will be the dark background.
    The speaker wants to hold the projector's remote control, text behind him changed when pressing the remote control, to cope with his talk. It's something like the weather forecast on TV.
    I know it's impossible to put a real projector in front of the speaker. Just wondering what tricks or software can help me to get the job done ?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	313
Size:	451.2 KB
ID:	28071And the text must behind the speaker.
    Adding text at post production stage seems do not work.
    Last edited by AAC; 21st Oct 2014 at 20:26. Reason: Adding pic
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    #1 - it is NOT impossible to put a projector in front of the speaker. You just have to make sure the speaker is otherwise lit sufficiently so that the light from the projector doesn't show too much on him, plus the section of the projector that shines into the speaker's eyes must not be the bright portion. Here's the google link for Front Projection.

#2 - It would be easy enough to do front projection with a gobo/flag in front of the section which would shine upon the speaker. Just make sure to format your PPT slide so that it (text/data) doesn't fall into the section where the flag will obscure.

#3 - Contrary to what you believe, it is also quite EASY to do what you were hoping in post-production. Particularly with a black/dim background (you could even use a luma key). Just make sure the speaker is lit with a rim light (in addition to side-firing key & fill, to avoid spill onto the background). I have done MANY PPT+Video jobs of both live production and post-production type, so I know what I'm talking about.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you Scott again for your expertise, despite the front projection is a bit complicate to me.
    The 30 minutes video will be recorded in a tiny boardroom, I don't think I can handle the Front Projection technique in a short period of time or there is too small for a mirror. From the captured screenshot, the animated text was behind the subject. Similar to teacher teaching in classroom, some text were blocked by the speaker when moving around.
    Any other easy or less expensive options ?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Depending upon ceiling height & talent height, you might project from a more downward-firing position (located slightly in front of and way above the speaker), then just adjust to correct the keystoning. YMMV here, as there is a wide spectrum of versatility/capability with projector models.
    ...oh wait - "tiny boardroom"...hmmm.

Why does the text need to be BEHIND the subject? Surely you would want the viewer of the video to be able to read and understand all that is being discussed? You could easily just do a Left-side=text, Right-side=Speaker setup front projected.
    Example: from your pic, there is no way to know what those 4 bullet points on the right side are referring to unless the speaker happens to list them verbatim.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!