VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I just want the simplest way to convert my avchd camcorder videos to a blu-ray disk with no
    menus and play them on my PC. I got sony dvd architect and sony vegas 9 which are supposed to be
    able to create blu-ray disks. I got blu-ray burner on pc but no stand alone blu-ray player. My videos
    are all 1080-60i and 1080-30p. Any suggestions?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Use your dvd architect. I've got v8 (w/ DVDA v5.0) on THIS computer and it burns (playable) BDs just fine. Are you having a problem with it?

Make sure your footage is BD compliant. If you need help to find out. Use MediaInfo and post detailed text info here.

Get a BDP standalone if you are going to be burning. Necessary for testing. You can get one now for <$50USD (less if you go to a pawn shop or thrift store/goodwill).

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Is there a reason why you're unwilling to simply make AVCHD discs? It would be a lot simpler. Please note that 1080i at 60 fps (probably really 59.94) and 1080p at 30 fps (probably really 29.97) are not valid for BluRay. As best I can tell, the 1080i 60fps one is valid for AVCHD if your frame is really 59.94 fps. The 30 fps one could be converted to something valid for AVCHD or BluRay without too much trouble I think. AviSynth could certainly do it. Vegas probably can too. Converting the 1080i 60 fps one to something valid for BluRay is going to be a lot trickier though. Not impossible, but dealing with interlaced video can be tricky and if you don't do it correctly it's really easy to end up with bad quality output. Many people find it so difficult that they'll either resize down to 720p (this is probably the easiest way to convert the video and end up with excellent quality although you sacrifice resolution this way) or just deinterlace to get progressive frames, but some people are a lot more sensitive to the output this gives than others and for some this is completely unacceptable.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Are AVCHD disks dvd disks. Can they be played on standard dvd player. Is there a guide for this?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    AVCHD discs can be on BD media, DVD media, Flash media, possibly others.

They CANNOT be played on standard DVD players, because they:
    1. Are in HD, not SD.
    2. Use AVC encoding, not MPEG2.
    3. Use M2TS containers, not Mpeg-PS (VOB).
    4. Follow the AVCHD folder structure, not DVD-Video.
    ...as well as other reasons.

AVCHD discs must be played in players that where AVCHD has been explicitly supported.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    AVCHD discs must be played in players that where AVCHD has been explicitly supported.
    I just wanted to add that most stand alone Blu-Ray players support AVCHD but not all do.

I can confirm that the PS3 supports it

- John "FulciLives" Coleman

P.S.
    If your AVCHD has BD compatible A/V then you should be able to make a simple, menu free BD using TsMuxeR and ImgBurn.
    "The eyes are the first thing that you have to destroy ... because they have seen too many bad things" - Lucio Fulci
    EXPLORE THE FILMS OF LUCIO FULCI - THE MAESTRO OF GORE
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jman98 View Post
    It would be a lot simpler. Please note that 1080i at 60 fps (probably really 59.94) and 1080p at 30 fps (probably really 29.97) are not valid for BluRay.
    As confusing as it may seem, 1080-60i, 1080i30, 1080i @ 59.94 fields per second and 1080i @29.97 frames per second normally all mean the same thing and are Blu-Ray compatible according to this reference at the bottom of VideoHelp's "What Is Blu-Ray".
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!