VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Everybody helps, please!
    I have a mkv file (cartoon, 720p, 4.2Gb), I use Mkvmerge to mux it with a *srt, I get a new merged mkv file and then play it on my Sony BD player (via usb port), everything ok.

But, if I use tsMuxer 2.6.12 to mux (same as above doing), choose output “Blu-ray folder”, I get m2ts file (BDMV) and then play it on my Sony (via usb port), the pictures are pixelated (broken pixels) and unseeable!!
    But my PC plays this m2ts file fine, everything ok!
    I don’t understand why.

Note: Other m2ts files (but cartoon film) muxed from mkv files by tsMuxer still works ok on my Sony, no problem.

Example: mkv file “The.Boy.with.the.Cuckoo-Clock.Heart.2014.720p” (cartoon movie)
    Input tsMuxer:
    MUXOPT --no-pcr-on-video-pid --new-audio-pes --blu-ray --vbr
    Customchapters=00:00:00.000;00:07:25.750;00:16:39. 706;00:23:23.458;00:30:15.540;00:38:25.833;00:45:3 0.708;00:54:16.583;01:01:37.500;01:07:45.000;01:14 :36.542;01:20:41.042 --split-size=4GB --vbv-len=500
    V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC, "J:\USB\The.Boy.with.the.Cuckoo-Clock.Heart.2014.720p.mkv", insertSEI, contSPS, track=2, lang=fre
    A_DTS, "J:\USB\The.Boy.with.the.Cuckoo-Clock.Heart.2014.720p.mkv", track=1, lang=fre
    S_TEXT/UTF8, "J:\USB\The.Boy.with.the.Cuckoo-Clock.Heart.2014.720p.srt",font-name="Arial",font-size=45,font-color=0xffffff7f,bottom-offset=24,font-border=5,text-align=center,video-width=1280,video-height=720,fps=24, lang=eng
    Output tsMuxer:
    Decoding H264 stream (track 1): Profile: High@4.1 Resolution: 1280:720p Frame rate: 24
    H.264 muxing fps is not set. Get fps from stream. Value: 24
    B-pyramid level 1 detected. Shift DTS to 2 frames
    H264 bitstream changed: insert nal unit delimiters
    H264 bitstream changed: insert pict timing and buffering period SEI units
    Decoding DTS stream (track 2): Bitrate: 1536Kbps Sample Rate: 48KHz Channels: 5.1
    Decoding PGS stream (track 3): Resolution: 1280:720 Frame rate: 24
    H264 bitstream changed: insert SPS/PPS units
    Processed 133254 video frames
    Flushing write buffer
    Creating Blu-ray stream info and seek index
    Creating Blu-ray playlist
    Mux successful complete
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    have You checked AVCHD deistnation instead of Blu ray?

for MKV always mkv merge will be better

for m2ts ts tsmuxer will be better
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hi, aisafan!
    Let my try AVCHD destination and will let you know the result.
    I like muxing by tsMuxer because tsMuxer gives subtitle more beautiful than Mkvmerge does.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Hi asiafan,
    Unfortunately, the same result for AVCHD destination! Sitll broken pixels!
    I think "Blu-ray folder" and "AVCHD" has the same structure (BDMV, playlist, stream,...), so the result is not different.
    I've also used multiAVCHD 4.1 to mux, same the result!
    I think I missed some particular settings somewhere before the process?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Everyone, please!!
    Quote Quote  
  6. If your player supports it you could convert the .SRT subtitles to PGS in Subtitle Edit and mux those into a MKV with MKVMergeGUI.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Hi, videobruger
    I tried it, but my Sony BD player does not support PGS sub in MKV file by MKVMergeGUI. SRT sub in MKV file muxed by MKVMergeGUI is ok.
    I don't understand why muxing by tsMuxerGUI, the pictures have broken pixels like that.
    Some problems with frame rate, bitrate,... that are big matter to me.
    Quote Quote  
  8. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Sony bd players supports sub/idx files in mkv files so use subtitle edit to export them to that format and mux with mkvmerge.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Hi johns0,
    Let me try it and inform you the result....
    Quote Quote  
  10. Hi johns0,
    I've made sub/idx from .srt sub by Subtitle Edit, then mux it by MkvmergeGUI.
    The result: my PC shows the sub properly, but my Sony BD player does not show the sub! (not support, I guess)
    Quote Quote  
  11. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Did you turn on the subtitles on your sony control?
    Quote Quote  
  12. Ofcourse, I did!
    My Sony only shows .srt in mkv file (by MkvmergeGUI); other kind of subs in mkv file: not showed
    and my Sony only shows PGS in m2ts file (by tsMuxerGUI).
    That's it.
    Quote Quote  
  13. the pictures are pixelated (broken pixels) and unseeable
    Are you sure the H.264 stream doesn't use any Features which violate the Blu-ray/AVCHD specification?
    (just because some downloaded file says 720p in it's name doesn't mean that it is Blu-ray/AVCHD compatible)
    users currently on my ignore list: deadrats, Stears555
    Quote Quote  
  14. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    The reason you see pixels breaking up is when playing as avchd the r-frames are too high,when playing as a non authored file then it will play with no broken pixels.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Are you sure the H.264 stream doesn't use any Features which violate the Blu-ray/AVCHD specification?
    (just because some downloaded file says 720p in it's name doesn't mean that it is Blu-ray/AVCHD compatible)
    That's the complicated matter to me. I don't know if it violated bluray/AVCHD or not. How do I know, and how can I check it?
    It's strange that I often mux other 720p mkv files by tsMuxerGUI to see on my Sony BD player, everything ok, not broken pixels.
    Only mkv file of a cartoon movie (like this mkv file I'm having the problem with), pixels were breaking up!
    The matter is that how I can check and set features in tsMuxerGUI when muxing to avoid broken pixels? Pls guide me.

The reason you see pixels breaking up is when playing as avchd the r-frames are too high,when playing as a non authored file then it will play with no broken pixels.
    I'm not clear much what you said. Can you explain it more to me, and teach me how to master it?
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!